Saturday, June 22, 2013

What's in my bag? Festival edition.

GOOOOD NIGHT. OR AFTERNOON. OR MORNING. ;)

In my last post I talked about festivals & what to do & not to do &, I figured I could maybe branch off of that.  So I've decided to put together a "What's in my bag?" post that can give you an idea of what you should take with you!  Since I will be attending Warped Tour in a little under a month, it will help me keep track of what I need to get, too!


  1. SUNSCREEN & EXTRA HAIR TIES --> Sunscreen will be your savior.  After being in the sun all day, who wants to resemble Sebastian from The Little Mermaid? (I put two SPF 50's on here because I use SPF 100, oops!) If you're like me, your luck is not very good, so just in case, definitely pack extra hair ties! I end up breaking at least one of these bad boys per week.
  2. MONEY --> You're going to want to purchase merch while there so why not be prepared?!  I usually end up taking between $50-$100.
  3. WATER --> I honestly feel like this could be numero uno because it is SO important that you keep hydrated while in the sun all day.. as if I didn't stress this enough in my last post! I think Warped Tour (unsure of other festivals at the moment) has a free station where you can fill your water bottle for free! You can also take in (at most venues) 1 SEALED bottle of water.  Definitely do this because then you can even keep filling that bottle, especially since most venues will remove the cap before giving you the bottle when you purchase it there.
  4. CELLPHONE --> Make sure your battery on your phone is fully charged, that way if you get separated from your friends you can get ahold of them!  + It will be good for you to be able to keep track of the time so you don't miss any bands!
  5. SUNNIES --> It's going to be hot.  You're going to be in the sun.  Just do yourself a favor & remember sunglasses!  There may be a vendor inside the festival that will be selling them though, by why spend your money on something you already have?  One year, Tilly's passed out free sunglasses! It was pretty cool of them.
  6. NOTEPAD & PEN --> If you want to get an autograph or, you can use this to write down the times of the bands you want to see & where they will be playing.  Hey, maybe you'll find a cutie & want to give them your number! ;)
  7. FRUIT SNACKS --> These are awesome to keep in your bag if you can't get your hands on food right away.  I always keep at least two packs in my purse whenever I go anywhere.
  8. CHAPSTICK --> I am addicted to Chapstick, ABSOLUTELY addicted. I apply it way too often.  Not only is it good to keep with you so your mouth will not feel as dry, but most Chapsticks will also protect your lips from the sun! (How cool is that?.. okay you might not think it is very cool, but the Chaptsick nerd in me does!)
  9. DISPOSABLE CAMERA --> I like having a disposable camera with me just because there is kind of a mystery in your pictures.  You don't know what the picture will look like until you get the pictures developed.  This is just a suggestion though, I know they're not for everyone!
  10. WET WIPES --> You will be sweaty, you will get dirty.  This is just a simple way to clean off & freshen up throughout the day.  By the end of the long day, these babies may very well be your BFF.


The products in the set above are:
  • Banana Boat Sport Performance Lotion Sunscreen Set with SPF 50 - 2 Pack.
    • About $15 for the 2 pack at Target.
  • Goody Ouchless Neon Elastics 29ct
    • About $4.50 for 29 at Target.
  • Dasani water
    • $2 or $3 at your local grocery shop or gas station.
  • The sunnies I've picked out are: Vintage Inspired Round Circle Cat Eye Sunglasses 8785
    • These are about $10 from ZeroUV.
  • The notepad is Vera Bradley Pocket Papers , and the pen can be any pen!
    • The notepad is about $9 & pens can be very cheap!
  • You can get Chapstick from your local Target or Walmart.
    • These will honestly cost you about $1, unless you're looking to get fancy.
  • Any fruit snacks.
    • These will be about $4 or so per box.
  • The disposable camera is from Urban Outfitters.
    • It costs about $14, but you can get a cheaper one from like CVS or a shop like that.
  • H&M 10-pack of wet wipes.
    • These will cost you about $2
  • The wallet is a Betsey Johnson Americana Zip Around Wallet that I LOVE.
    • It is a bit steep in price at $68, though.
  • The bag is from Hot Topic! It's the perfect size for a festival.
    • It costs around $27, but it's totally worth it.
Again, these are just some friendly suggestions to get you started.  :)  Like I always say, my word isn't the Bible.  I know these products are what I will be taking this year!  If you want to see any other alternatives, or would like to add anything leave a comment!

Live a little, Love a lot.
XO, LindsKat

No comments:

Post a Comment